Conditions We Treat
Knee pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, overuse, and medical conditions. Here are some common causes and treatments for knee pain:
1. Osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative joint disease that occurs when the cartilage in the knee joint wears down over time, causing pain and stiffness.
2. Patellofemoral pain syndrome: This is a condition in which the cartilage on the underside of the kneecap becomes irritated, causing pain and stiffness in the knee. It is often caused by overuse or improper alignment of the knee joint.
3. Tendinitis: This is inflammation of the tendons that attach muscles to the knee joint. It is often caused by overuse or repetitive motion. Symptoms include pain and stiffness in the knee.
4. Meniscus tear: This is a tear in the cartilage that cushions the knee joint. It is often caused by twisting or bending the knee in an awkward way. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and stiffness in the knee. Treatment may involve rest, physical therapy, or surgery in severe cases.
5. Ligament tear: Symptoms include pain, swelling, and instability in the knee.
6. Fracture and Trauma