Conditions We Treat
Hand and wrist Pain
Hand and wrist pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, overuse, and medical conditions. Here are some common causes and treatments for hand and wrist pain:
1. Carpal tunnel syndrome: This is a condition in which the median nerve in the wrist becomes compressed, causing pain, numbness, and tingling in the hand and wrist.
2. Tendinitis: This is inflammation of the tendons in the hand or wrist. It is often caused by repetitive motions, such as typing or playing sports. Symptoms include pain and stiffness in the affected area.
3. Arthritis: Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can both cause hand and wrist pain.
4. De Quervain’s tenosynovitis: This is a condition in which the tendons that control the thumb become inflamed. It can cause pain and difficulty moving the thumb.
5. Fracture, Ligament Sprain
6. Complex Regional pain syndrome