Conditions We Treat
Back / Hip Pain
Back and hip pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, overuse, and medical conditions. Here are some common causes and treatments for back and hip pain:
1. Herniated disc: This is a condition in which the soft centre of a spinal disc pushes through a crack in the tougher outer layer, putting pressure on nearby nerves and causing pain. Symptoms include back or hip pain, numbness or tingling in the legs, and weakness in the affected area.
2. Sciatica: This is a condition in which the sciatic nerve, which runs from the lower back down the back of each leg, becomes compressed or irritated, causing pain and numbness in the hip and leg.
3. Osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative joint disease that occurs when the cartilage in the hip joint wears down over time, causing pain and stiffness.
4. Bursitis: This is inflammation of the bursa, a fluid-filled sac that cushions the joint, often caused by repetitive motion or injury. Symptoms include pain and stiffness in the hip joint.
5. Strains or sprains: These are common injuries that occur when muscles or ligaments in the back or hip are stretched or torn. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and difficulty moving the affected area.
6. Fracture and Trauma
7. Lumbar stenosis, spondylosis , Spondylolisthesis
8. Poor posture