Conditions We Treat
Elbow pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, overuse, and medical conditions. Here are some common causes and treatments for elbow pain:
1. Tennis elbow /Lateral epicondylitis : This is a condition in which the tendons on the outside of the elbow become inflamed. It is often caused by repetitive motions, such as playing tennis. Symptoms include pain and weakness in the elbow and forearm.
2. Golfer’s elbow/ Medial epicondylitis: This is similar to tennis elbow, but affects the tendons on the inside of the elbow. Symptoms include pain and weakness in the elbow and wrist.
3. Elbow sprain or strain: This is an injury to the ligaments or muscles that support the elbow joint. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and stiffness.
4. Elbow bursitis: This is inflammation of the bursa sac that cushions the elbow joint. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and stiffness.
5. Arthritis: Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can both cause elbow pain.